Thursday, December 24, 2009

Are their any shampoos/ingredients to prevent oily hair?

So, lately because of the warmer weather, my hair has been getting oily after a 5 hour day (I do my hair before I go to bed at night) So during school my hair gets kind of oily. I was wondering if their are any shampoos or ingredients that prevent this?? Thanks.Are their any shampoos/ingredients to prevent oily hair?
There are no shampoos to prevent the oiliness, but there are shampoos to keep it under control. Clarifying or oily hair formulas should help keep the oil at ';bay';, though. Before you shampoo, massage the scalp to loosen oil and debris, so that the shampoo can do it ';thing';, and just ';condition';the ends of your hair, NOT the whole head....this should help.EDIT: Why would anyone give a person a thumbs down when they give the poster a helpful and accurate answer...and one of the other posters here said the same thing I did...very strange.Are their any shampoos/ingredients to prevent oily hair?
You need a clarifying shampoo. But not a drugstore one, they coat your hair in wax and don;t work. Get a salon quality shampoo, it will say clarifying. And yes, you should wash all of your hair with it, not just the new growth and ends, I have no idea where they got that strange idea. But only shampoo once, rinse with cool water, and don't condition unless you have to, that will tent to make it more oily.
Use baby powder! Put a little in your hands and rub it through your hair! I use it in dance and it works like a charm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment